We’ve put together a list of fun and fresh corporate holiday entertainment and game ideas, big and small, for your next company party or office event. It’s time to celebrate the holidays by celebrating your team.
With this list you’re covered from Halloween through the winter months. If you’re feeling a little crunched on time, many of these ideas can be pulled together quickly with very little stress – so let’s do it!
Need a venue, too? Check out our blog post for our favorite Seattle holiday party venues.
Seattle Office Entertainment: BOO-zy Holiday Happy Hour + Office Drop-Ins
You don’t have to throw a big party to celebrate your team. Office Drop-Ins are affordable Employee Events. The Season of BOO-ze is a fun, and whimsical way for you to thank your team for the hard work over the year and to motivate them to sprint hard toward the end of the year.
Surprise your team with an end of day specialty cocktail. Pre-made and poured into a cup or glass is perfect. Have a manager dress up in some scary garb, or keep it a bit on the nose by dressing up as a ghost, and walk through the office serving drinks.
To continue this idea through the winter months, switch out a ghost for dressing up like any relevant character – Buddy the Elf, Santa, Abominable Snowman. You could also serve hot cocoa or have “Buddy” pour his “syrup” into the drinks as he’s serving.
No alcohol policy? No problem. Serve a mocktail, a kombucha drink, or one of the many drinkable vinegar concoctions. Taking the time to celebrate your team in a fun way is what they remember and appreciate.
Thanksgiving Gameshow + Team Building Activity
The best way to celebrate the Season of Thanksgiving, is by showing your gratitude and helping others. This is a list about fun entertainment ideas, so why not do both?
Enter, Supermarket Thanks!
Step 1 – Divide your group into teams for a round of Jeopardy style trivia. Teams are given a different duration of time for shopping during the Supermarket portion of the game based on where they finished in the trivia game, and allocated different sums of money to spend. The first place team gets the most time, bottom teams get the least amount of time. Being the Season of Thanksgiving, all teams will shop for a full Thanksgiving meal to be donated to those in need, or you can incorporate gifting to an existing charity partnership.
Step 2 – The Supermarket is made up of printouts OR the actual items of Thanksgiving essentials spread around your event space or office. Teams will have to race around the Supermarket fulfilling a list of essential items while staying within budget. During the game, teams can earn coupons that will earn them discounts on items in the Supermarket.
Celebrate! – Reward teams with supermarket gift cards to make their own Thanksgiving a little easier and donate meals or funds to a local foodbank or charity partner.
Seattle holiday party activities and entertainment
Here are several simple and super fun activities to enjoy with your team. The crafts can be converted into virtual or hybrid activities (not sure how – just ask us!):
- Paint ‘n sip: Some wine and/or beer and pine tree discs make for a tasty night and a few new ornaments for the tree.
- Light up the Night and your senses with a candle making activity. Wax, wicks, holiday scents and some small vessels to hold the candle creations are all that’s needed. You can DIY this project, or host it at a specialty candle bar.
- Snow Day: Everyone likes a snow day once in a while. Take your crew on a daytime excursion to a sledding hill. It’s lots of fun and provides loads of Insta-worthy media.
- Traveling Game Show: Okay, this one may be our favorite as it’s a one-of-a-kind entertainment idea developed right here at Event Experience. We developed a way to bring many of the classic games shows to any event, no matter how little space is available. We have played with guests standing in line for a drink, crowded around a small cocktail table, and in office cubicles. If there’s room to stand, there’s room to play.
- Game Shows: In addition to Traveling Game Show, we can play just about any game show you can think of on any size stage. Our Mini Game Show only needs a 10’ x 10’ for space, or we can do a full on stage show. Want to play some Feud? We can do that, too! We send your group the survey questions in advance so the answers are directly representative of your crowd.
Will you use any of these ideas this holiday season?
Our Creative Director is always happy to jump on a free call to discuss your event and the many options.
Happy Holidays from the Event Experience Team!