The holiday season is fast approaching, and it’s the perfect time to finalize your holiday party theme for your corporate event.
Whether you’re hosting a year-end celebration, a holiday party, or a special event to show appreciation to your employees, a well-thought-out and creatively decorated event can make all the difference. In this blog post, we will explore a few unique holiday party theme and decor ideas.
Let’s dive into how you can create a memorable and festive atmosphere that will leave your guests in awe.
Holiday Party Theme #1: That’s flocking cool…
For this holiday party theme, introduce the enchanting element of flocked trees and decor. This design brings a touch of winter wonderland to your corporate event with the flocked snow look. The flocked Christmas tree has been around for a long time and for good reason. There’s hardly anything more Christmas-y than snow covered pine trees. This look is especially appealing in areas that get little or no snow.
The flocked look is a great theme for your holiday party but to really make this theme shine you need the right color palette. Start with a flocked tree or two and some flocked garland around the space. Load your color palette with lots of neutral colors; whites, creams, and just like Burl Ives said, “silver and gold”, will create a winter wonderland.
Add interest with lights, blue is usually a great choice to give a “cool” feeling, or warm it up with golden hues or reds. Crystal and glass decor such as chandeliers and candleholders are great to reflect and refract light. This is a major ambiance boosters. We also recommend clean white table linens and dishes to mimic the snowy landscape, and complement them with silver or gold accents for a touch of elegance.
Holiday Party Theme #2: Mojo Dojo Casa House
Recreating current pop culture trends has long been a go-to for event themes. This year offered one of the best pop culture themes ever, Barbie! The color palette is easy and the accessories endless.
The “Mojo Dojo Casa House” theme is all about embracing vibrancy and irony. It combines a fusion of eclectic and exotic elements, creating a very unique and fun atmosphere for your corporate event. To bring this theme to life, consider the following decor ideas:
- Color Palette: Opt for a bold and lively color scheme that includes rich reds and pinks, vibrant oranges, deep purples, and exotic blues. These colors can be incorporated through tablecloths, napkins, and accent decorations.
- Patterns and More Patterns: Incorporate paisley patterns in your decor, from table runners to throw pillows. Add in some cowhide rugs or furniture, and top it off with Moroccan lanterns or patterns.
- Low Seating Arrangements: Create a comfortable and laid-back atmosphere with low seating arrangements, such as floor cushions and ottomans.
- Photo Booth: You can rent a professional photo booth that mimics a pink doll box for all your Barbie and Kens to pose in, or make one from a wardrobe box.
- Catering: Secure a print out of plastic food to the center of a charger, surrounded by thick plastic flatware to create the plastic vibe of Barbieland.
- Entertainment: Set aside an area with table games like foosball, pool, and air hockey. Throw in some velcro ax throwing and maybe some laser tag. Extra points for hanging pictures of plastic horses and monster trucks.
The Barbie and Ken world offers so much fodder for how your guests can dress, the food that is served and the music played, the possibilities are as wide as an eight year old’s imagination. If you really want to push the envelope then host a Barbenhiemer party. Combine the whimsical fun of Barbie with the fashion of Oppenhiemer.
Holiday Party Theme #3: Just Felt it
Playing off the pop culture angle again, you can turn to the felt look of old stop motion Christmas shows like Rudolph.
Centerpieces: An easy DIY project is cutting felt tree patterns in a variety of complimentary colors. Stuff them and mount on sticks attached to small pine discs, like the ones left over when you buy a fresh tree. 3-4 of these in different heights make for a simple and elegant centerpiece.
The felt look can also be used throughout the event design. Think placemat or table runners. The same process for the centerpieces could be used to make mobiles that hang over tables or the dance floor.
Photo Booth: With much larger pieces of felt make a holiday tableau. This could be pine trees, a chair left, or some reindeer. Perhaps give one a red nose.
Invite your guests to dress as a character from any holiday movie ever made. It’s always fun to see how creative your group can be. But this theme works just as well as the backdrop for a formal affair.
Which Holiday Party theme is for you?
By using the on-trend Mojo Dojo Casa House theme or the timeless charm of flocked trees or felt, you can create a memorable and unique atmosphere that will leave a lasting impression on your guests.
Don’t hesitate to reach out to professional event planners and decorators who can help you bring your vision to life. Make this year’s corporate holiday event a celebration to remember!